Northwest Territories and Nunavut
The Workers' Safety & Compensation Commission (WSCC) is the Government of the Northwest Territories and Government of Nunavut Agency that oversees the implementation and application of the Safety Acts and General Safety Regulations, the Mine Health and Safety Acts. WSCC has an agreement with Health Canada to enforce the federal Hazardous Products Act and associated regulations.
Current WHMIS Regulations are a consolidation of the Revised Regulations of the Northwest Territories, 1990, and outline employer responsibility for identifying hazardous materials, handling and storing hazardous materials, and employee education, as well as either preparing or maintaining current safety data sheets (formerly material safety data sheets), readily available at a work site.
For information in Inuktitut, please see this document.
- WSCC website banner links to the WHMIS portal.
- E-mail announcement re: CCOHS e-course for workplace training.
- An article in an upcoming WSCC enewsletter SafetyNet.
- Media Release discussing the changes and implementation (after resources are in place).
- Information posted on Facebook and Twitter.